RAJAR: Bauer Media Audio UK reaches 21M listeners and the Hits Radio Brand reaches record audience04 August 2022 - Press release
Radio has once again demonstrated its ongoing strength and popularity amongst UK audiences, after the latest RAJAR results reveal that 49m people across the country listen to radio each week. Bauer Media Audio UK secures an impressive 21m reach, while its biggest network the Hits Radio Brand goes from strength to strength as it grows audiences.
The Q2 2022 results display another market-leading digital performance for Bauer this quarter, with a digital listening profile of 75%, ahead of an industry average of 68%. Bauer is home to 3 of the top 5 digital only commercial radio stations: KISSTORY, Absolute 80s and Planet Rock.
Standout performances this quarter, include:
- The Hits Radio Brand grows to 9.5m reach (+ 2.8% QoQ). When partner stations are included, it is the UK's biggest commercial network, with record reach of 11.5m (+3.7% QoQ)*
- Within this the Hits Radio Network grew total audiences to 6.3m (+7.8% QoQ), while Greatest Hits Radio has 4m listeners. Hits Radio, the ARIA award-winning Station of the Year increased reach by 7% to 1.3m.
- The Absolute Radio Network delivers a 5.1m reach, and its ARIA award-winning Dave Berry Breakfast Show grows reach to 2.2m (+1.4% QoQ)
- The KISS Network posts 4.1m reach, including No.1 commercial digital only station, KISSTORY and main station KISS grows 9.3% to 2.5m
- The Magic Radio Network has 3.9m reach, with Mellow Magic growing 13.5% QoQ and Magic Soul posts a record reach as it increases audiences by 24.3% QoQ
Dee Ford CBE, Group Managing Director, Bauer Media Audio UK said, "There has never been a more exciting time to be in radio. Our strategy has been to actively encourage digital listening by delivering content across channels that our listeners can access however they want. The growth in listening via smart speakers and smart phones means we can offer more creative content to delight our listeners and more innovative solutions for our commercial partners."
Ben Cooper, Chief Content and Music Officer, Bauer Media Audio UK said, "The good times continue to sound like this with today's great story of an all-time record high for the Hits Radio Brand, with more listeners than ever before tuning in. Congratulations also go to the award-winning Dave Berry Breakfast Show on Absolute Radio and Jordon & Perri on KISS Breakfast who both enjoy success with new audiences."