Los Angeles to Host Transatlantic Summit for High-Growth UK Creative-Tech Businesses28 March 2015 - Press release
Industry leaders from the UK and US creative sectors to come together in Los Angeles for a two-day Technology Innovators Forum (TIF-IN)
Chaired by Lord Marland, and Lucian Grainge CBE, Chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group
A selection of the most innovative UK creative-tech businesses to showcase their products and services to top names in music, entertainment and tech with aim of securing multi-million pound contract wins
Top names from the UK and US creative and technology sectors will come together in Los Angeles on the 28th and 29th April for the fourth Technology Innovators Forum (TIF-IN).
TIF-IN is a collaboration between Universal Music Group, Founders Forum, the BBC and BBC Worldwide, and UK Trade & Investment. It will be chaired by Lord Marland, and Lucian Grainge CBE, Chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group and a UK Business Ambassador.
Lucian Grainge CBE, Chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group, comments: “With TIF-IN returning to Los Angeles, there is a significant opportunity to spur investment, innovation and stronger ties between the UK and US. Already, collaborations generated by TIF-IN have produced extraordinary results and the bond between entrepreneurs from both sides of the Atlantic has never been stronger. I’m excited by the potential to forge new relationships at the intersection of media, entertainment and technology at this year’s forum.”
The previous three TIF-IN forums, held in Los Angeles (USA), London (UK) and Qingdao (China) enabled 80 UK high-growth companies to win over £150 million worth of contracts. The events have provided a platform to increase trade and investment and partnership opportunities in the UK.
This edition of TIF-IN will explore how music, television, film, live events and innovative services are influencing, as well as being influenced by, new digital platforms that give consumers more control over how they enjoy their favourite entertainment. The intersection of tech and content is yielding unprecedented amounts of data that is providing deeper insights into consumer behaviour and establishing powerful new creative and commercial opportunities.
Lord Marland said: “The aim of TIF-IN is to nurture our homegrown talent by putting them in front of a senior level audience of potential investors, customers and partners. British and American companies have a history of being a winning-formula - the first forum we held at Los Angeles yielded million-pound contracts that fast-tracked the development of the attending British companies. We look forward to replicating this success.”
Industry leaders in the music, film, television, digital and video games industries will be attending the event, with a view to watching pitches and reviewing the products and services from a selection of UK creative-tech high growth companies. The businesses range from innovative start-ups looking for funding, to established companies looking to secure overseas contracts and establish relationships and distribution agreements with global industry players.
Brent Hoberman, CBE, Co-founder, Founders Forum, said: “Founders Forum looks forward to supporting another successful event in Los Angeles, giving a platform for the UK creative industries' most innovative entrepreneurs to be in front of Hollywood’s key decision makers. It’s important to recognise the talent emerging from the UK as being key to the conversation around the future of the entertainment industry."
The businesses that will be presenting at this year’s TIF-IN in Los Angeles include:
· ASAP54 - An image recognition app, changing how shoppers search, share and buy fashion via visual recognition technology.
· Boiler Room - A music broadcasting platform for underground music fans.
· Cinegi - A fully digital filmed media distribution service, enabling any venue to become a cinema.
· Doowapp - A music messaging app, enabling consumers to share specific lyrics from any part of any song with the corresponding audio in an instant message, social media message or email.
· Foodoo - An app that helps people with special dietary preferences find safe and delicious food, wherever they are.
· GingerSnaper - An iPad-to-iPad service that enables grandparents and grandchildren to stay in touch and share stories.
· Hopster - A chart-topping app that provides entertainment and learning content for children aged two to six.
· Ideas Britain - An app that allows for ideas and their creators to access opportunity, knowledge, mentors and finance.
· Kovert Designs - Creator of designer jewellery that contains hidden embedded electronics
· Mihaibao.com - A cross-border retail platform for Chinese shoppers seeking Western luxury goods.
· MUBI - A streaming video on demand service, offering users one film a day.
· MyndPlay - An interactive mind controlled video and games platform.
· Navada- A social filmmaking and digital distribution model.
· Playmob - A gamification platform that enables users to donate to charity whilst gaming.
· Popshack - Social music network for the next generation of artists
· PredictionIO - Enabling companies to build and deploy machine intelligence.
· Rewind - World class immersive Virtual Reality ensuring the most positive user reaction and brand association.
· Sayduck - World class augmented reality through a design discovery platform.
· Signal Noise - A data-driven visualisation and analytics platform for events.
· Smartzer - Enabling consumers to click on videos and add fashion items to a wish list.
· Squawka - Next-generation sports media business with data at the heart.
· Sync Screen - Second screen synchronisation solution for TV, film and home entertainment - across all platforms.
· Twizoo - An app that recommends restaurants and bars based on what people say on Twitter.
· UnderSocial - Unlocking social data through artificial intelligence (AI) to predict potential occurrences and trends.
· UsherU - An app that personalises the cinema experience.
· We Got POP- World's first platform for the casting of extras across film, TV and commercials.
The Capital’s Accelerator Programme is supporting the London-based businesses attending the event, to enable them to access the international market opportunities at TIF-IN.
Submit news or a press release
Want to add your news or press release? Email Paul or KevinTwo week FREE trial