Deezer Makes Voice Activated Music Available to Free Users with Amazon Alexa09 May 2019 - Press release
Listening to music using voice control has never been more accessible for Deezer users. For the first time ever, global music streaming service Deezer is giving free users instant access to control their music through voice on Amazon Alexa.
Starting today, free users on Deezer will be able to enjoy music* from requested artists, genres and editorial playlists. Users can set Deezer as their preferred music streaming service in the Alexa app setting and give commands such as “Alexa, play music on Deezer” or “Alexa, play my Flow,” which is a unique personal soundtrack that uses Deezer smart data and editorial recommendations to play songs that users love as well as help users discover new ones.
Voice Control for Deezer Free Users with Amazon Alexa includes:
● Primary Music Account: instantly access mixes and playlists from a diverse catalogue of 53 million tracks
● Flow: with three easy words “Alexa, play Flow,” Alexa will immediately play a continuous soundtrack that’s personalised to your exact tastes through Deezer smart data and editorial recommendations
● Ask Alexa: to play artists and genre mixes, editorial playlists, as well as control volume, pause and skip (limit six songs per hour)
● Music for your mood: recognises over 18 different moods among 74 different genres e.g. “Alexa, play Jazz”
● Like or Dislike: help tailor your Flow by telling Alexa “I like this song" or "Alexa, I don’t like this" if you’re not feeling a certain vibe
Alexa fans who want more Deezer voice control options can also subscribe as a Deezer Premium user to access added benefits such as: ad-free listening, search specific songs, skip unlimited number of tracks, album listening without shuffle mode, and higher audio quality.
Laurence Miall - d’Août, Chief Commercial Officer at Deezer commented: “We are excited to offer our first free personalised music experience for Alexa customers. The free service is an easy and convenient way to start listening to music with any Alexa-enabled device right out of the box, making Deezer an even more attractive music choice. This also means that for the first time millions of existing Deezer users with free accounts will be able to enjoy music on Alexa-enabled devices.”
Deezer announced its worldwide** accessibility for paying subscribers through Alexa-enabled devices such as Sonos One, Ultimate Ears BLAST and MEGABLAST, among others in 2018.
There will be more Deezer features for Amazon Alexa available in the coming months.