Deezer boosts podcast catalogue with five new partnerships30 September 2019 - Press release
- New global podcast partners include Libsyn, Ausha, Podomatic, Blubrry and Simplecast, plus tech updates with existing partners Audioboom and Voxnest
- Deezer also reveals huge 250% growth in podcast usage in the last two years
Deezer, the global music streaming service, is making it effortless for podcasters to bring their shows to fans across the world after joining forces with five podcasting companies.
The demand for podcasting has rapidly increased as almost a quarter of internet users in Europe listened to a podcast in Q1*, including 44% in MENA and 34% in Latam. Deezer has also experienced a similar boom and its monthly podcast usage has increased by 250% - including quadrupling the amount of podcast listening time - over the last two years.
Deezer is proud to announce its new global podcast partners are:
● Libsyn: leading podcast publisher with 116 million monthly audience members and more than 64,000 podcasts
● Ausha: first podcast hosting platform in France with over 800 podcasters and features including video clip editing, private podcasts and comprehensive statistics
● Podomatic: everything you need to start and grow a podcast, from recording, publishing, distribution, and tracking
● Blubrry: full service Podcast Host providing Hosting, Stats & PowerPress Podcasting Plugin
● Simplecast: podcast hosting, distribution analytics platform that doubled its amount of podcasts and subscriptions in the last year
Two of Deezer’s existing podcast partners, Audioboom, a global on-demand audio and podcasting distribution platform, and Voxnest’s Spreaker, a high-end podcasting platform with over 50,000 monthly active creators, have also improved their technical solution on Deezer. From today, podcasters will be able to submit their show instantly with just one-click and make it available to Deezer subscribers across the world.
Frédéric Antelme, VP of Content and Productions commented: “It's great to see a huge increase of music fans enjoying podcasts as part of their Deezer streaming experience. Our goal is to help podcasters easily provide fans with the freshest shows from all over the world. We’re really excited to work with our new and existing partners to help more people than ever before discover podcast content.”
Discover podcasts on Deezer’s dedicated ‘Podcast Channel’ here.