Apple Music Classical now available on iPad20 November 2023 - Press release
The ultimate classical music experience is available to Apple Music subscribers at no additional cost; download today on the app store HERE
Apple Music Classical is now available on iPad. Increasing accessibility to the app, users will now be able to enhance their experience with exclusive features that maximise the unique qualities offered by the iPad, including:
• The two-column view enables users to easily browse the full repertoire of a composer or navigate easily through all recordings of any particular work.
• The Multi-column view features a Play button in the right-hand column so it's easy to compare different recordings of the same work using the list in the middle column.
• The larger screen makes it even easier to go through the rich metadata that Apple Music Classical offers and to read composer and artist biographies, and descriptions about well-known works while listening to the music.
• Specially designed Now Playing view which allows the user to view all relevant metadata and information on the same screen as the cover art and transport controls.
• See more music with longer lists of results in portrait mode.
• Sidebar gives easy access to all Library folders in a single tap.
• Larger cover art to enjoy in portrait view of Now Playing.
• Playlists now surfaced into the sidebar for direct access.
Apple Music Classical is the standalone music streaming app that gives classical music lovers and musicians the optimal streaming experience by making it easy to find any recording in the world's largest classical music catalogue of over 5 million tracks with fully optimized search; enjoy the highest audio quality available and experience many classical favourites in a whole new way with immersive spatial audio; browse expertly curated playlists, insightful composer biographies and descriptions of thousands of works; and so much more.
At launch earlier this year Apple Music Classical instantly became the number one free app in the App Store and Classical Music overall saw its biggest week ever on the global Apple Music charts. Just two days after launch, classical albums reached the album charts in over 140 countries worldwide, a new record for the genre.
Partnerships are central to Apple Music Classical, giving listeners new, unique, and exclusive recordings from partners who include many of the world's leading organizations such as the Berlin Philharmonic, Carnegie Hall, Chicago Symphony, London Philharmonic Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra, Metropolitan Opera, New York Philharmonic, Opéra national de Paris, Philharmonia Orchestra, Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, San Francisco Symphony, and the Vienna Philharmonic.