Ninja Tune seek a Copyright Assistant
|Position||Ninja Tune seek a Copyright Assistant|
|Salary||£10.85 an hour - Full-time, Permanent|
Important: Please see 'Application Tips' for details on how to apply.
Location: Remote working within the UK will be considered but there will be a requirement to travel to our offices in Kennington (London) on an ad-hoc basis, subject to Covid Guidelines.
Availability: Monday – Friday (10am – 6pm)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing date: 9th September 2021 (midnight)
Start date: As soon as possible
We are actively encouraging applications from a diverse range of applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status or disability status.
About the role:
Sitting within the Copyright team at Ninja Tune, Just Isn’t Music and Ninja Tune Production Music, you will be responsible for recording and composition registrations at various domestic and international rights societies.
In addition, you will be responsible for researching copyright data for new music and updating / auditing our internal copyright systems including:
- Music Maestro (publishing royalties software)
- File Maker (database software)
· Contacting managers and using online sources to compile copyright information
· Using Excel and Filemaker to log this information
· Importing copyright data into various societies via their online systems and Music Maestro software
· Dealing with duplicate claims at various rights societies
· Supplying our international 3rd party partners with copyright updates and maintaining relationships
· Processing applications for mechanical licenses at the MCPS
· Organising and auditing historic copyright data
· Answering queries from the internal teams on copyright questions
· Other ad hoc administrative tasks
Prior Experience (not necessary but please mention if you have any of the below)
- Knowledge of basic copyright principles
- Knowledge of the PRS, MCPS, PPL and other international collection societies
- Prior experience of the systems mentioned
- Prior experience within the music industry
In your own words and in your own style we would like to know how enthusiastic you are about the role/s you are applying for. To support your application please provide answers to the following questions:
- The role will be heavily data and administration lead. Can you give us some insight into the experience you have in this field but also what you enjoy about that side of working?
- With roles that include lots of systems and processes, there is always constant improvement. Please give us your general thoughts on this and share any specific examples of when you have introduced change to a way of working, that you are proud of.
- Based on the detail outlined in this job description, please let us know why you are interested in applying for this role. .
You can answer these questions in either video, audio or PowerPoint format - whatever works for you!
- Please keep audio and video content to no more than 5 minutes long and PowerPoint to 2-3 slides only. You can upload your media on an online cloud space that suits you and you can share the link with us directly so only we can view. Please remember to provide the right access permissions when sharing.
- Please send your links to your media, along with your CV to Raksha Rathod at raksha @ ninjatune .net, with Copyright Assistant as the subject line of your email.
Please be sure to write a short cover note which shares any other useful information, what your salary expectations are and the best number to contact you on should we need to.
R2 Consultancy Services Ltd are working on behalf of Ninja Tune Ltd. Any information shared, will be used purely for Ninja Tune recruitment purposes.
Reference ID: CA Ninja Tune
Application deadline: 09/09/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £10.85 per hour
- Bike to work scheme
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Free or subsidised travel
- Gym membership
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Jobs Offered Adverts
Job offered adverts cost £135 for five days on our daily email or £195 for nine days, per position. We run a line on the daily email, with a link to the website, where anyone can read the posting. The post stays up until the position is filled. We also tweet the position to our 26,000 followers a couple of times. You can have any amount of text, please remember to include a closing date. Contact Paul .
Job Wanted Adverts
Job wanted adverts are free for a two month posting. Send copy here (firstname.lastname@example.org)