BIMM seek a Talent Advisor – Inclusion & Enterprise
|Position||BIMM seek a Talent Advisor – Inclusion & Enterprise|
Post: Talent Advisor – Inclusion & Enterprise - Fixed Term Contract until September 2021
Contractual Hours: 9:00AM-5:30PM, Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
With over 35 years’ experience helping students launch successful careers in Music, Film and Performing arts and located in some of Europe’s most creative cities - London, Berlin, Dublin, Brighton, Manchester, Bristol, Hamburg and Birmingham. BIMM Institute is proud to be the largest and leading provider of creative arts education in Europe.
The Talent Advisor – Inclusion & Enterprise will focus specifically on employability and recruitment services for students and alumni across all 5 UK colleges who sit within one of the 4 key groups identified by BIMM Institute’s Access & Participation Plan.
The primary aim is to increase the number of students from underrepresented groups who progress to employment, self - employment or further study within 18 months of graduation, thereby offering a broader talent pool to employers and supporting a diverse talent pipeline to the creative industries.
Reporting into the Group Talent Manager and working closely with the Group Head of Careers & Employability and the Group Head of Access & Participation, the Talent Advisor – Inclusion & Enterprise will screen and support students throughout their recruitment experience with industry employers ensuring BIMM maintains and further develops its reputation as the music business talent pool of choice for entry level hires. The role also supports students wishing to pursue entrepreneurial projects, this support will involve registering students into the Greenhouse Enterprise Programme – an in-house programme designed to support creative business enterprises through training, funding and coaching.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a comparable recruitment role (in house or agency) within a music industry organisation or the wider creative industries
- A good working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems and databases
- An understanding of ‘protected characteristics and the ability to work towards ensuring and encouraging diversity in the shortlists that BIMM provides industry clients
- Experience with (phone and in-person) interviews, candidate screening and evaluation
- Knowledge of key industry employers and partners as well as industry bodies, charities, networking groups and events
- The desire to develop students and alumni and provide meaningful and impactful employability, self –employment and careers guidance.
- An understanding of the steps to self – employment and the industry funding landscape.
- The ability to deal with people at all levels from students to senior music industry executives
- A positive, proactive and pragmatic approach
We are committed to establishing a culture of inclusivity across BIMM Institute, so that we truly represent the diversity of our students and the creative industries, both in what we teach and how we work.
All posts are subject to Right to Work and DBS checks.
Jobs Offered Adverts
Job offered adverts cost £135 for five days on our daily email or £195 for nine days, per position. We run a line on the daily email, with a link to the website, where anyone can read the posting. The post stays up until the position is filled. We also tweet the position to our 26,000 followers a couple of times. You can have any amount of text, please remember to include a closing date. Contact Paul .
Job Wanted Adverts
Job wanted adverts are free for a two month posting. Send copy here (firstname.lastname@example.org)